Saturday, March 6, 2010

You have a purpose, Discover it !

Books ??? Ergggghhh !! That was my reaction till I were 18 or 19, thou got an interest towards few genre later, much like Alchemist n stuffs. yeah, not forgetting to specify the eye opener, Monk who Sold his Ferrari !! (Thnx to my cousin, the Bookie who gifted it :) )

Books have become a good friend of mine from then, yeah you gotta call someone your friend if it can change your mood, make you smile when you feel really weird, make you think about something which you've never given a thought before and simply to say, they touch your soul !

I've been motivated by books a lot, Inspite of that there is someone who motivates me more than anything, who can make me feel like a hero, who gives me a concrete feel that "I Completely Rock". Someone who insists me the importance of treating Success n Failure quite the same way for they are just Events happening in life. Some one who says me often there is no one in this world superior to me, and there can never be someone who is inferior to me. He is "ME". yeah I do really well in that, Self-Motivator, I can turn myself peppy even after the worst of havocs.

But sometime back, I confronted a circumstance where I literally felt entrapped. I felt like a loser, A stack of failure, and the Unluckiest Creature in this earth. I din knew where all my endurance vaporized. I knew it is because I can handle things concerned with brain, but now those with heart. I jus had one thing haunting my mind "Why Me God ??, Why ME ???"

It was jus like an answer for my question, I was blessed to read something, something which made me feel better, infact made me feel that God is busy watching us !!

Here it Goes ---

I Fail, I fail in business, I fail in proving my stans, I fail being a good son, I fail in my Love, I'm jus a piece of faded star thay symbolizes lost luck. I'm simply a failure.

I deceded to Quit , Quit Everything !

I went to the woods to have one last talk with God.

"God", I said. "Can you give me one good reason not to quit?"

His answer surprised me...
"Look around", He said. "Do you see the fern and the bamboo?"
"Yes", I replied.

When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care of them.
I gave them light. I gave them water.
The fern quickly grew from the earth.
Its brilliant green covered the floor.
Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed.
But I did not quit on the bamboo.
In the second year the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful.
And again, nothing came from the bamboo seed.
But I did not quit on the bamboo. He said.
"In the third year, there was still nothing from the bamboo seed.
But I would not quit. In the fourth year, again, there was nothing from the bamboo seed.
"I would not quit." He said. "Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth.

Compared to the fern it was seemingly small and insignificant...
But just 6 months later the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall.

It had spent the five years growing roots.

Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed to survive.
I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle."

He said to me. "Did you know, my child, that all this time you have been struggling, you have actually been growing roots."

"I would not quit on the bamboo. I will never quit on you. " Don't compare yourself to others .." He said.
" The bamboo had a different purpose than the fern ... Yet, they both make the forest beautiful."

Your time will come, " God said to me. " You will rise high! " How high should I rise?" I asked.

How high will the bamboo rise?" He asked in return.

"As high as it can? " I questioned.

" Yes. " He said, "Give me glory by rising as high as you can. "

---

True, ain't it ??

The more you endure the better you become, SO be it a relationship, or profession or whatever.
It is just all your struggles strengthened your roots !


Jus believe
"All the power is within you, you can to anything and everything you believe you can "

7 comments:

  1. Hey Bro!!

    Jus' another one to remember!!Thank u:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice post jk..loved that example stuff with God.. really true and amazing fact!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey my reaction towards books was like(u said) but now they are my good friends... Story about god is very nice and its really true.
    - shal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bro!!!

    Hap Hap Happy b'day to u ..!!May God bless u Thambi!!Sorry for the late wishes bro!!!Mama is with u guiding u to d path of success n goodness...Happy B'day chwt bro...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loga - semma post da...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kartik,
    The story is very inspiring...
    Ya, God's every creation has a purpose... we need to realize it...
    Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. True Satyakam..! To realize that needs maturity!!

    ReplyDelete