Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Love surpasses Everything !!

He is my Childhood friend, we sit in adjacent seats right from KG and ve done all mysterious stuff together. Not all would be lucky to have a friend with whom you've played when you were 6 months old. I'm blessed with one such friend. We share everything. (Not a single day I have left his lunch for him ;) ) We grew, and we got into 10th class, we were not the brainy heads of the class and so we were made to sit late in the evening to Study (Hate that). Thou we managed to chit-chat bypassing the attention of the supervisors.

One day we were caught by the Principal. She made a 12th girl to sit amidst us. I thought that could not stop us from talking, but to my astonishment, things changed, My dear friend started ogling with the 12th girl, he just dint talk, what he did was Talk-k-k-k-k-k-k-ing ! I didn't have any other go, so expertized “One eyed Nap” without getting caught. Days rolled by, Their bonding got better, Eves-dropping was boring too, coz they spoke about all worthless things in this world ;) ;) . Finally it was end of the year and She passed out of the School. We, got into 11th Class. With all the threats bombs, we pretended to work hard. These 2 years he never happened to talk about her, so I presumed they've lost contact. Finally we completed 12th and I was forced into Engineering and he was pushed into B.Sc. Do I need to say, we just met in weekends and we shared all college stuffs, but he never uttered a word about the girl.
One day when we were in the second year, I was returning home late, I got a sight which I couldn't believe. My dear friend with a girl in his Dad's bike. All I had to do was smile wide. (Kalavani payalae) I never saw the girls face, but the voice inside me clearly said its her. Went home refreshed myself and started to his home, where I saw an innocent guy watching TV. Took him upstairs and Wrestled him and asked

Me: Boss, Whats happening, Whoz the one in your pillion this eve, You finally got caught huh!

Him: Me huh, Dey I was watching TV since I came from college.

Me : (Again Wrestled and posed him for Rock bottom)

Him: Wait ! Wait !! Lemme tell you !!

Me : (Releasing him from my clutch) You could have done this earlier !! fine temme wats goin on!

Him: Blush Blush,

Me: Speak out now, or you'll be killed.

Him: Dai, you know her.

Me: I know, buy you are saying it now ;)

Him: Yes da, its her, who sits amidst us, you remember??

Me: Yes sir, I do (All Smiles) You kept it off the shelves all these days huh..Anyways good.
But Shez 2 years elder to you, Did you give a thought about it?

Him: Neva mind, I love her for what she is, and just these two year difference would never stop things.

ME: Cool that you're strong about it...., Seri Seri Treeeeaaaaaattt !!

So things went that way and I really felt happy for him for I knew the girl is real worth for the chase, Yeh you could easily find the dedication in a person's eyes. But one thing kept eating my mind, He is younger than her, will their parents agree, Is he really serious or is he wearing the rose glass? . But All I wanted is his happiness and wish he gets married to her, but with a sense of uncertainty in heart.

Days n years rolled off. Now he has completed his B.SC and MBA too and got a job in an MNC. She works as a lecturer in a college. Right time to take it to the parents. They both were convinced on this and they took it forward. I was sure about one thing, his parents would agree as a matter of fact their marriage was a love marriage. As I suspected, it went, O'ly his mom showed a concern on the age factor initially but things went smooth with his dad's stolid support.

Here came the twist, They opened the issue in her home, We looked at the problem in just one dimension, age factor, but here grossed another dimension. She is a brahmin and he is not. It bombed to be the biggest problem now. They even abused him on this, but just for the sake of her, he (Mr.Short temper) tolerated everything. It took a year to convince her parents and both of them stood in their stans. One fine day they agreed to get them married. He is 23 and she is 25, they were not sure if this is the right time to get married, but just one thing conquered their mind, they just cant live without each other. .

So the wedding bells are here, Again as they progressed towards the wedding, the parents had those verbal wars, his father is an atheist and her father is religious. They had conflicts of opinions, but these two handled it in the best way possible without hurting their parents. They never showed their blues to others. I've read in novels and seen in movies, Body of two and soul of One, but when I saw all these things happen, I really felt lucky to witness it.

Finally it was this Sunday , the day of happiness, the day of rituals , the day of smiles, and the day of their dreams. They got married after a 6 years commitment, I felt deep in my heart that the two should have the best of lives for they stood across all the tougher times together passing the testaments of life.






To Fall in Love happens to everyone,
To find the soul mate happens to few, but
To stand for them,no matter what, happens just with very few !!

I'm proud that my friend is one among the very few!

This post is dedicated specially to My Dear Friend and to all those who value True Love !

10 comments:

  1. Hey karthi nice post, very happy for them!!!!!
    I am also proud to say you both are my friends.....

    shal

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lee: Thanx Mam !!
    @Shal : yeah, but we missed you in their wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very happy for him!! Wish them the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. first of all thanks for visiting my blog..
    secondly I looovveeee your template..
    now, the post.. it is so sweet.. i expected a negative ending, but this is such a pleasant surprise.. age, religion, caste shouldn't be an issue when it comes to love, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pooja! Thnx for the compliments!
    Yes, Life is always so, as Paulo says, follow what ur heart says, for you'll attain thee!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Thambi!!

    I jus' switched on the laptop expecting this post!!very true"You get only what you think"..:)well,Life is truly a Miracle with a loooot of pretty things around la Thambi!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Aarthi : Thnx, yeah it happend that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey Thakkali...

    i felt extremly happy on that sunday - that too on eve reception - wow wat a moment.

    uncle dance - VJ - Saranya paatu - Aroop anna dance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha true! But how cud u forget my dance ;)

    ReplyDelete