Friday, March 20, 2009

@ RTO office !!

22 years, by now I should have had a licence !! thought provoked and I approached an agent for taking a licence. He jus asked me to pay 400 bucks and asked me to be @ RTO office the next morning, and handed a paper which had  all trafic signals and stuffs and @ its back I had a contact number of a person named Sunil, whom I'm supposed to catch up in RTO office.  I jus had a swift glimpse @ that paper  that night.

        Next Morning, I started to RTO office, I'm not sure where exactly it is, and so I inquired a person near guindy and somehow reached the office on time.  I called up Sunil and he got my documents and asked me to wait. RTO office, again a typical Govt office (hope no adjectives reqd)
I was waiting for quater-an-hour there, Then he asked me to get into the exam cell. I had 4 other guys with me and 3 were through agents and one poor guy came on his own (probably, he wud hav neva heard anything abt govt office ;) ) So We 5 guys were cross checked for the details we furnished and then we were given computers to take up a test. The moment we went and sat, A voice peered from my back "Thambi, Silent a iru, naa paathukraen" I turned back , and I had to see a huge person with a pot belly giving a blank smile @ me . I din understand wat he meant . It took a moment for me to understand that he din want me to take the test, for all the four who came through agents, It was a name sake test. This person came and chuckled the keyboard for probably 100 seconds , the test got over with a congratulations. He was so experticed wit the questions so that he din take more than  2 seconds for 1 question and the best part is he was attending two tests (I mean for 2 person) simultaneously. All I had to do was smile ;) . Then I had something fishy to watch out. 4 ppl through agent cleared and the one who came on his own flunked in de test. He ain't aware that o'ly ppl who come through agents clear all of 'em seamlessly. 
They jus gotta signature from us in a record and asked us to collect the LLR from respective agents and asked to come after 30 days for licence. The day was done.
   I turned back to home, Had a drink and sat back in ma long armed chair contemplating abt all those things happened there. Directly or Indirectly I've bribed people and Its clearly picturized that nothing is gonna happen there without money or person there. I dunno if I was right or the guy who din get his work done was right. But ultimately, I got my work done.
All I felt is "Kali kalumuda eppa ;) "

No comments:

Post a Comment